Senior Partner, EY
David is Yorkshire Senior Partner at global professional services firm EY (Ernst & Young). EY has 167,000 people working in more than 140 cities worldwide.
As Yorkshire senior partner, David leads 350 people across two offices in Leeds and Hull.
He is also one of the most well-known business advisors in the region, helping companies to grow in the UK and overseas, through acquisitions, disposals, refinancing, and floating on the London Stock Exchange.
David was born in Leeds, attended Lenzie Academy in Dunbartonshire, and then studied at The University of Glasgow. Since training and qualifying as a Chartered Accountant in Scotland, he has built up a wealth of professional experience, including:
· three years working overseas in Johannesburg, in audit as well as a spell in the training department which included presenting financial courses across Southern Africa.
· leading EY’s transactions team in London for two years
· acting as a member of EY’s UK Leadership Team
· recruiting, coaching and supporting the development of partners and EY’s people
· and working with a wide range of businesses, visiting their sites, seeing their operations and considering their plans, and needs, for the future.
Chairman, Evening Standard Ltd & Independent Print Ltd
General Secretary, NASUWT
Former Chairman of Arsenal and the Football Association
Chairman, UN Association of the UK
Head, School of Biological, Biomedical and Environmental Sciences
Peer & Former Cabinet Minister