Want to join S4S as our Communications Manager?
15 June 2019
We are looking for a Communications Manager to join our permanent team.
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 (negotiable)
Based: Farringdon, London
About the role
This role looks after the day-to-day output and creation of the charity’s communication pieces to our networks, heading up our social media channels, creating campaign collateral and materials that help demonstrate the value of our work to stakeholders and beneficiaries.
You will be the sole dedicated in-house communications professional with a range of opportunities to grow and work on a variety of projects affecting our brand and engagement. You’ll need to be a self-starter that is excited by the idea of harnessing a wide variety of communication channels to engage our audiences, and competent in producing materials to a high standard for the most senior stakeholders and offices, from government to FTSE companies and public figures. Working closely with the CEO and two programme managers, the communications manager will see through projects that help create meaningful engagement with teachers and students, as well as helping amplify our visibility to potential supporters.
This is a 90% office-based role in Central London working in comms production and channel management. We will consider P/T 3-4 day a week at a higher rate for highly experienced candidates.
Please be sure to read more about our charity’s work before applying.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role directly producing communications
- Confident in managing multiple organisational social media accounts with a large network of high-profile stakeholders and educators
- Confident in creating online and offline content for social media and the website including news stories, short edited videos, PDF guides and images
- Have experience planning, managing and delivering strategic communications plans; campaign experience useful
- Have experience managing website updates, content using CMS’ such as WordPress
- Experience working directly with management to translate outreach goals to communication tactics and adapt messaging
- Professional, great work ethic, flexible, able to translate strategy and objectives into output alongside management
- Have an understanding of the UK state education sector, social mobility issues and youth engagement
- Competent in using design software packages, e.g. InDesign/Canva
- Experience of Google Analytics and basic performance reports
**PLEASE SEE THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION HERE TO APPLY**
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please do not contact us about recruiting services or as third party recruiters, we are only interested in direct applications.
Click here for the full job description and how to apply
Know someone that might be a great addition to our team? Tweet and share this page below!